I think the brown 'frames' it well. The quilt top now measures 51 x 51".
I then set out to make a smaller version of the basic block I have used to contain the stitcheries to use as a second border. That is where I got stuck. Each block needs to be 7 5/8" finished and I cannot work out the maths. So I have folded the quilt up, put it in a box and will take it to 'sewing school' when that resumes in mid-Jan to get help from Ngaire, the teacher.
I will now get back to a hand sewing project. It's a cute little stitchery called Cherry on the Tree Swing by Aneela Hoey that I bought on etsy. I am going to turn it into a journal cover. I have spent (possibly that should say 'wasted' but it is the hols) a lot of time these holidays on etsy.