Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Little Patchwork Village

The fabric (Martinique by Moda) arrived yesterday from The Fat Quarter Shop. It took 8 days to arrive from the US and works out at $3.15NZ a fat 1/4 including postage - half of what it costs here. And they wonder why we shop online/overseas in New Zealand.

Anyway, got to work this arvo. Because I want to make the quilt bigger than the pattern I had to re-size the blocks. I am quite impressed with myself resizing the half square triangles, etc, espec when I am no Maths whiz. I made a test block using old scrap fabric. And once that was all good, I started on the real thing. I got three blocks done and I think it looks very prettty so far. It will keep me busy for the rest of the week.

PS Thanks to Melissa over at Baking Makes Things Better for introducing me to Picassa and Picnic for photo editing. I do like making collages (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment