Friday, September 7, 2012

Monday Modern Bee Block

This month we've been trusted with Jacqui's vintage sheet collection. We are charged with making wonky star blocks like in her instructions. I haven't used vintage fabrics or linen in patchwork before.



I didn't ever have any sheets quite as vibrant at these. But I did have some purple flowery flannelette ones and my parents did have an orange sunflower bedspread in the late 70s.

My favourite childhood sheets were white with little pink roses. I have told Mum she is not allowed to throw them away even though no one has any use for them and they are 30 years old. They remain in the linen cupboard at home. Maybe I will turn them into a quilt one day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how you go! I didn't have sheets like this as a kid either, although I definitely grew up in the right decade to have. I've kept some of them for Hazel's bed, so she'll have memories of pink floral sheets - she says it's like sleeping in a field of flowers :)

    ReplyDelete