I am annoyed that I didn't spread out the pretty pink floral better and that close to the centre I have two fabrics the same. Grrr.
I got the idea from this lovely quilt when I googled 'low volume quilts'. It wasn't what I had planned at all - I was thinking about a 'plus' quilt. I can't find the tutorial I used, but my take on it was to cut 4.5" x 11" rectangles and then angle each short end to 60 degrees. It used between 7 and 8 fat quarters.
The next step is to square it up and baste it for quilting. Given the short deadline (start of Nov) and my lack of free weekends between now and then, and my already planned holidays, I may be forced to machine quilt it. Yuk.