Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bread Making

A few weeks ago I bought a new stand-mixer. My old one was weak and annoying. The mixture would get all wound around the top of the beaters making a complete mess. So I did my research and invested in a Kenwood.

What a difference it has made to the brioche using a dough hook rather than my hands to knead the dough. So much lighter. Since I figure I have brioche sorted(!) I was keen to try bread.

I have many recipes bookmarked from I Heart Eating so searched the site for a bread recipe and decided to make 60 Minute Dinner Rolls.


I love that you put three small balls of dough in each muffin tin and you end up with a cool looking roll.


After proving, I accidentally brushed them with melted butter before they went in the oven, not after.


To save having to wash my muffin tins, I lined them with cupcake papers.



Yummo. I am hoping they freeze well.

5 comments:

  1. They look light, fluffy and fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Kenwood too but I've never tried doing dough in it - which brioche recipe do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One from Little and Friday's first book.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, that last pic with the melting butter had me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum - I can almost smell that warm bread. Nothing beats fresh warm bread with slightly softened melted butter.

    ReplyDelete