Friday, January 10, 2014

Pirate Pyjamas

I got one pair of PJs made before Christmas and gave them, plus the book The Quiet Pirate, to Lucas for Christmas. He wore them to bed that night!


Then once I knew they fitted, I made a second pair with Richard Scarry fabric. There wasn't enough of that fabric so I supplemented it with some 'Spotlight blue'.

I read the Richard Scarry book out loud at least three times - it's hard work! Each drawing is labelled and the pages are crammed with drawings. He seems to be over finding Goldbug on every page and into announcing "Dingo Dog!" excitedly when he appears, which is then followed by "Officer Flossy!".


I used a very simple Burda pattern and the pjs took about 1.3 metres of fabric and a few hours of my time. Easy peasy. I imagine I will be making more pjs in the future!

6 comments:

  1. Cute pjs - I remember being glad when my children could read Richard Scarry books to themselves. They are great books though. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's all the detail that makes the books so popular with children.

      Delete
  2. Gosh I remember loving those books so much as a child. Love the pjs - I think they could look good in adult size too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think voile would be interesting to try for pjs.

      Delete
  3. Super cute - we are still thoroughly enjoying Richard Scarry though everyone has a different favourite thing to find! no doubt he loved his pj's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely timeless. My brother's book dates to 1974!

      Delete