Friday, January 17, 2014

Spotty Trees

My sewing has slowed down this week because I have been making myself do the jobs I don't really enjoy before I am "allowed" to sew ... because, before I know it, the holidays will be over. I have filled a three metre skip bin with gardening pruning, washed the outside and insides of my windows, taken the car in for a service and had my newly cleaned windows measured for blinds so I can get rid of the apricot curtains after nine years of living here! But no one wants to see photos of those things.

How about photos of my bee quilt top? I wish it was the whole quilt quilted and bound ... maybe by the Easter/April hols (-:



It's old-school sashed and it is very 'spotty', but the Modern Monday girls said, "retro" and that made me feel better.

I am quite looking forward to quilting this one. Helen, at our Monday Modern meeting this week, suggested quilting in some grass, clouds, etc. Maybe I will get to Spotlight over the weekend to get backing fabric. If I can just get it bound before school starts, it's more likely to get quilted this term.

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! I've enjoyed watching this come together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love it! Go you for doing chores first - I do that too...otherwise the kids may not get fed... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute Karyn : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute - I'm sure you can fit a trip to Spotlight in. Good on you for filling a garden bin - you deserve a break now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very funky Karyn. Those Echino dots are not 'your grandma's sashing'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking good! I'm interested to see what you will use for the backing and how you end up quilting it! Linda

    ReplyDelete