Friday, February 28, 2014

Rolling into March

It's not even March and I have made a start on the March blocks. (They are probably the simplest blocks in the quilt - fewer pieces to prep.)


It is a circle. Sometimes the ends/edges come unstuck from the freezer paper. And all the little 'bits' sticking out will be hidden when I add the next border.


Again there's a bit of a 'wave' in this block - it doesn't sit flat. I think I need to cut my freezer paper pieces a lot more accurately as an extra millimetre adds up here and there over six pieces. For this block I went for a red/pink theme around the edge. Loving the red and purple combo!

I am enjoying hand sewing so much I have bought Kindle (ie much cheaper) versions of The Modern Applique Workbook by Jenifer Dick (not that I want to start machine appliqueing - I am just interested in some new ideas) and Wild Blooms and Colourful Creatures by Australian, Wendy Williams.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I checked all the others round blocks and they are very interesting. I haven't seen any before :-)

    ReplyDelete