Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Pineapple and an Elephant (or five)

I think this pineapple featured in one of those weekly emails from a fabric shop. Pineapples remind me of Hawaii, and I do love Hawaiian holidays.

Anyway, the original free pattern and instructions can be found here at Sassafras Lane Designs. I am yet to quilt and bind my effort.



Now the elephants I saw in a link on Lee's Wednesday WIP @ Freshly Pieced. They come from Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts. When I saw the pattern, I thought I really couldn't be bothered with all that cutting - couldn't it just be paper-pieced. I googled paper-pieced elephants and they all had millions more pieces! So I cut just enough for one, to test it out.


I found it went from this to this ...


and then to this ...


... fairly painlessly. So I made 4 more. And when I photograph them, I will make sure the foot on the back leg isn't bent under.

I took the idea for a blue rather than white background from Rachel's photo in the flickr group.

It is a B x B QAL, but I am late to that party and may or may not catch up/keep up. I am also not loving the frog. I don't like them in real life. They give me the creeps.

Sew Fresh Quilts

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute QAL... and I think your blue background is a nice contrast! I love the little babe elephant! (Glenys is making these too!) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE your background fabric, Karyn! I am so glad you joined the parade. And it's never too late. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all the comments you have left on my blog and would have responded by email, but you are a no reply commenter. Here is a little article on how you can change that if you are interested. http://www.venustrappedinmars.com/2013/06/google-ultimate-no-reply-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete