Friday, May 6, 2016

I Made A Skirt

I am quickly becoming a fan of Style Arc patterns. I buy printed patterns from their website (because I hate joining seven million pieces of print your own A4 together) and they arrive in about five days from Australia. Style Arc is pretty generous because you always get a free pattern with your order. I received the Allison Skirt pattern as a freebie at some stage and I filed it away as it is for stretch fabric and "I can't sew stretch fabric." But after my success with the sweatshirts, I thought the time was right to give it a go.

I had been to The Fabric Shop in Otara for sweatshirt material and they had a whole table of Ponte de Roma which google tells me is a Polyester and Rayon mix. It is a nice weight. I was going to be lazy and whip up a simple A-line but found the Allison Skirt pattern on the shelf.

It has two inverted pleats inn the front and the back. I had not ever made pleats their way before - I guess it takes the excess fabric from around the stomach area. I followed the pictures/diagrams and it worked out. I used masking tape to make the top stitching lines.





I will probably make another one. My fave black and white 'school' skirt I made a couple of winters ago has faded and The Fabric Shop has some cool black and white ponte prints.

1 comment:

  1. Like the fabric - must get to that shop next no working day ......

    ReplyDelete