Thursday, May 30, 2019

... Aunt Bet's Quilt #2 finished.

I finished this one in the weekend. It was such a nice autumn day yesterday when I was home as part of the nationwide teacher strike, I took the opportunity to take some pictures.


I started with the light binding and then decided it looked better with navy, so continued with some navy fabrics. I think the navy fabric holds it together better.







I didn't want to buy any more fabric, so pieced the back from fabric in the stash.



Now to start quilting the first Aunt Bet's quilt! It's a maroon and brown combo.

And just so I can track and manage the process, the builders started on the house this week. The previous owners (15 + yrs ago) converted the carport into a room with the big window at the front. It's been leaking for years both through the roof and in two of the corners. I had an architect do plans and get consent last year. The quoting process started in January this year. I am taking the opportunity to re-roof the house getting rid of the 1960's decramastic tiles as every room has water damage on the ceilings. It's a 12 week job. We will see.



No comments:

Post a Comment