Friday, April 3, 2020

The Proverbial Quilt | Day 9

I feel I have been very unproductive today. I think I woke up too early, 5:20-something, and that’s thrown my whole day off.

I started with a run. I got to 4km, but not how I thought I would. I thought I would get there running further, to the roundabout, on the road I have been running on for the last week. I turned at the roundabout and as I got closer to home, I was waiting for the 4km to buzz on my Garmin, but it didn’t. I had to run another 50 metres or so past the house! When it buzzed, I stopped and walked the 50 back home again. All I can think now is that 5km will go forever and I will need to add another long flat road, or perhaps add a block lap in. Or I might just call it done at 4km.

Anyway, then did Metafit later in the morning. Then sat outside and read some more of my kindle book The Giver of Stars. I just finished reading The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek earlier in the week which is also about horse librarians. The Troublesome Creek book has more to it than my current read. Bowlaway might be my next purchase.

I forgot. I also went to the local dairy this morning to buy milk ... and an ice cream for pudding - since I was there. They have a one out and one in thing going on. I was fourth in line and had maybe a 10 minute wait. There were about six bottles of milk left at 11am, I don’t know what time they opened, but am very grateful they are. I reckon I have at least another four days before I will brave a supermarket visit. The chemist, a few shops down, had a queue of about 10 people. So also on my grateful list today is good health. It would suck to be ill at this time. It must be adding lots of stress to life.

Made a couple of words for my quilt and then had a siesta.


No comments:

Post a Comment