Saturday, June 13, 2020

Eight Years in the Making

I made this back in the summer of 2012. I pulled it out of the wardrobe during Covid lockdown and finished the quilting earlier this week.


It's made from old wool blankets taken from my Mum's linen cupboard. The blankets may have come from my Gran before that.

It's quilted with Perle thread #8. When I first put it together for quilting, I used wool batting but it was too thick to quilt. So I pulled it apart and used a flannelette backing only. The binding is a nice green floral Tilda. I think if it had been around eight years ago, it would have been a perfect choice to use in the body of this quilt. The curved edges came to me during the quilting process. During the quilting process the quilts tend to lie over the couch or on the floor and that's when the curved edges came to me. It's my first curved edge quilt.

This quilt weighs a tonne. Hence the name, the woolly mammoth.




No comments:

Post a Comment