Sunday, October 3, 2021

The Emperor Pigeon #1

Today is either day 47 or 48 of our current lockdown. By lunchtime on Tuesday 17th August, we were pretty confident we'd be going into Level 4 lockdown that night. We emailed staff advising them to take their laptops home and half-jokingly said, see you next term. I called in to the bakery on the way home to stock up on chicken pies for the freezer and the diary next door for milk, bread and eggs. 

I have spent the last six weeks doing school work Monday - Friday. I have prepped a tonne of resources for the Year 10 team which I hope saves them some work over the holidays and next term. I've been sewing in the evenings since there is no gym at Level 4 or 3.

My biggest finish to date has been a hexie quilt named The Emperor Pigeon by my nephew when I was working on it last school holidays.


This was going to be gifted as a charity quilt, but the Monday Modern girls convinced me it was a keeper so I hand quilted it.




Given lockdown conditions, I used a mixture of about three threads off the shelf. I particularly like the way they weave together on the corners.

This one is definitely a keeper. Or a keeper within the whanau at least as I think I will gift it to my niece for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment