Friday, January 21, 2011

Buttons, Blueberries and More Material

I diverted off State Highway 1 into Huntly this morning. I found some red buttons for the navy quilt at Allen Fabrics right in the main street.

Then it was on to Grandmother's Garden in Gordonton.




I bought backing fabric for the Leicester Square Quilt:


Some linen like Japanese cotton for who know what purpose:


Two fat quarters, again without purpose but I am a sucker for paisley, and five fat quaters and some hexagons as a birthday present for one of my cousins:



And finally, some wool batting.

Back on the road and I was still in search of some more red buttons. I bought four punnets of blueberries to make muffins for going-back-to-school morning teas. I called into the Bernina shop in Pukekohe. They have the best button selection I have seen in a long time. Old school style in the plastic tubes with one wired to the lid.





Then it was home via the library to pick up my reserved copies of Material Obsession 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment