Saturday, February 5, 2011

Slow Progress

"Why can't I just stay on holiday? I am good at that."

Yep, the summer hols are over and I have been back at work this week. It's been a week of reviewing 2010 results (our best ever), setting kids' goals for 2011 with them and their parents, welcoming 300+ new Yr 9s to our school in our biggest powhiri (welcome ceremony) ever, green leis, "find your line and sit down", "if you have got a gap in your timetable, you need to see me after this", "are you ___'s little brother/sister? nice", first day of school photos - they were actually second day of school photos because we ran out of time on the first day!


My 10 hour days mean that I have not picked up a needle since Monday. Oh well, all good things must come to an end. I did start the quilting of the Leicester Square Quilt last weekend. I am using a pink thread - handquilting takes forever, so I want to be able to see the results of my efforts!



No comments:

Post a Comment