Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Picnic Quilt

A picnic quilt was my cousin Kelly's idea.

It was to be her Xmas pressie, but we are going on holiday in October and it's tradition now to make calendars out of holiday photos (I have last year's holiday calendar hanging in my classroom), so this will be her birthday present in 2012. That alone makes me feel super organised.


My School C maths failed me and I had to trim 1/2 inch off each brick. Grr. It's also darker than I thought it would be. I will try to balance that out with the filler triangles that will make it square.



I used my new (but old ie new to me) sewing machine this today. It is great being able to move the needle position, chain piece, press a button and the needle goes down, etc, etc. It is a Bernette 82e and I bought it on Trade Me from an old lady who has hardly used it. It's cetainly a step up from my budget Brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment