Sunday, July 10, 2011

Picnic Quilt Update

I have done as much as I can of the top. I now need to buy some material for the triangle fillers. It measures about 58 x 58", about 1.48 m square. She said she wanted it big enough for two people to sit on.




It has used exactly 6 fat quarters of Silent Cinema by Jenean Morrison and about 1.4 m of the grey stripe the nice man at Patchwork Passion helped me choose. Personally, I was thinking a lighter grey was what I was after. The last photo shows the grey fabric the best. It's not as dark as the other photos make it look. And if I quilt words in orange perle thread on the grey - whoa, that'll mix it up!

I bought a fat quarter bundle of the whole Silent Cinema collection a couple of months ago I think from the Fat Quarter Shop. I like it! This is the first time I have used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment