Saturday, November 5, 2011

Christmas in November

Calico Christmas is soooooooooooooo much better than the budget Hamilton Craft Show. Way more quilts on display. Way more merchants. Just waaay better.

I liked these quilts:
This is a Patchwork Passion kit and would be dead easy for a complete novice. I love the colours.

I don't really like the colours (I am not a batik fan at all), but I like the pattern ... and it was made by a 13 year old!

I love the colours in this one too. It was made by Alison Laurence.

And I bought this one for a mere $130 - you couldn't buy the fabric for that. The Auckland Patchwork and Quilt Guild had lots of quilts for sale. Mine is a 'community quilt' and money raised from its sale will help buy new fabric etc to make quilts for Starship, Women's Refuge, etc ... so really me buying it was a charitable thing to do!




I bought it planning to put it on the single bed in one of the spare rooms. It measures about 1.5 x 1.85m. Lucy the Cat quickly made herself at home on it - here she is mid-wash.

I also bought three fat quarters - one to give away at our Christmas meeting of the AMQG later in November and I thought the other two would be funky key fabrics for baby quilts. They are by Echino and are linen weight/feel.




Calico Christmas runs again tomorrow at North Harbour Stadium in Albany from 10am - 4pm. It costs $12 to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment