Monday, January 16, 2012

Blue and Yellow Stars Baby Quilt

On Saturday and Sunday afternoon I put the stars' points together.


This morning I worked out how to put the quilt together.

This afternoon I sewed it.


And photographed it.


It measures about 40 x 44 inches. It took about 1.2m of solid grey and about 7.5 fat quarters for the stars. I used the yellow and blue prints from Jenean Morrison's Silent Cinema range that I've had in the stash for a while. I think it's a cute as quilt. I think pink and grey would also look good. I have always wanted to make a quilt using grey solid fabric.

The design comes from Elizabeth Hartman and the instructions for making this quilt can be found on her blog. Elizabeth's instructions and photos are great. It's a pretty straightforward project once you get the feel of what's too much of an angle for the wonky stars! The only change I made to the pattern was to make my squares 4.5" x 4.5". You could make them whatever size you want I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you did that quick! I was going to ask what pattern you were going to do. I like grey and yellow and grey looks really pretty for soft furnishings :)
    How are you going with the Cara's clam quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about half way through the quilting of Cara's quilt. Maybe another week or so.

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous quilts!!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete