Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wonky Log Top Completed

I didn't really mean to get this done today. I was waiting for my slow as printer to scan some pages for school and I thought, I might as well make a start. I gave up on the stupid scanner because it was taking forever and thought I might as well keep on going because adding the white jelly roll sashings wasn't taking forever.


It's a monster. About 2.08 x 2.08 metres or 82 x 82 inches if you prefer. We (I say 'we' because cousin Kell paid for the fabric) are backing it with the red Kei Honeycomb because she could not find the blue pretty much anywhere in the world. I might get it basted this evening once I shift half the furniture out of my lounge. I want to have it quilted by the end of term. Aunty Judy's birthday is in March. I don't think I can work that quickly.

PS On my bedside table at the moment, Obedience by Jacqueline Yallop, which is very good so far, and a Lonely Planet guide.

4 comments:

  1. The Kei honeycomb fabrics are just about my favourites ever, especially the red. Gorgeous quilt too, love the white sashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqui - I think the Kei Honeycomb would make great PJs! It's so soft.

      Delete
  2. Wow Karyn! You are so talented :-) I love this one (like all your other ones).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Karyn - I love the colour combo and those little blue birds!

    ReplyDelete