Sunday, March 25, 2012


My Auckland Modern Quilt Guild Challenge #2 is finished. The Challenge is to make a quilt to donate to the Akld Hospital's NICU using a block we had not made before.

I consulted my Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks book and found about 10 that I liked for this project. I got it down to one. The Pogo Stick!

Perhaps I should have noticed before the second block that my needle was not set at 1/4 of an inch.  Oops. I kept going. I ended up with four slightly rectangular blocks and blocks slightly smaller than they should be. I sashed them to make the quilt bigger. The finished quilt measures 23 1/4 x 24 1/4.


  1. Great job - I love it! I've got to stop faffing about and get on with mine :(

  2. I like the sashing, it looks like it's meant to be there! I've done that with the 1/4" too, even with the proper foot you still have to remember to set the needle at the right spot (ahem).