Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hexies - Another Update

I haven't been neglecting my hexagons, just slowly cutting, folding, gluing and sewing when I feel like it - usually on rainy Sunday afternoons. And we have had plenty of them this August. (August has always been rainy. Our school hols used to be in August when we had three term years - up until about 1995 - and it always rained.)


I am down to about four fabrics, so don't think I will be making any more coloured hexies. I just need about 18 white hexies to finish it up before I add a border to square it up.

Below is the binding and border fabric I bought from The Little Craft Store. I wanted something different. Not a solid. I look forward to experimenting with the border. I might do spot, white, spot like I did with the cushion border last week.


6 comments:

  1. I am completely in love with this quilt Karyn! Love your binding ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to visit Helen yesterday afternoon and she helped!

      Delete
  2. This is looking so pretty!! Beautiful colours! Love your fabrics for binding and border too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your big beautiful hexi flowers. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this border and binding will look great. I do love those hexies!

    ReplyDelete