Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Raiding Helen's Stash

A couple of Mondays ago Helen brought along her leftover shop stash to our Modern Monday group. We were able to help ourselves from a massive collection of fat quarters from which we are to make a quilt each to be given to cold children.

I am keen to try something low volume. I really like the quilts Linda makes. So with some help from Linda (so I didn't choose my same old, same old colours) I chose the following fabrics:


I have cut them into parallelograms:


Next step, sewing it all back together. You can see what some of the others in our group are up to with their charity quilts here: Megan, Jacqui and Linda.

Our group's first exhibition is happening very soon at Highwic House in Newmarket, Auckland. It runs from Wednesday September 18 through to Sunday 29th (the first weekend of the school hols). Free parking ... always a bonus in Auckland. If you want to know more, I found this article. We had a bit of a see what we've got a month or so ago and it was lovely to see quilts that were made before our group existed.



2 comments:

  1. I love your selections - there are a few in there I'm thinking darn, why didn't I grab that one for my low-volume quilt! Must get a post up about the show - pretty cool to see us written up like that on Yahoo of all places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! L

    ReplyDelete