I didn't love the three layout suggestions we were emailed. I was after something less ordinary.
I have added 2.5" sashing to the blocks to give them some space and try to calm the design. And then I wet them to get the paper off ... and all over the floor.
I plan to put a bigger star in the centre. Either grey and yellow, or grey and navy, or grey and chevrons. And I might add another border around the outside just to make the quilt into a more useful size.
While I was waiting for the blocks to dry (lucky it was a very warm day) I started another oven mitt using fabric from the stash.
Lucy the Cat did not go far. My chair, the ironing board, my chair, the ironing board in front of the fan and finally this basket. It was a tight squeeze!