Wednesday, January 11, 2017

I Finished the Blue Rings Quilt Top

Original name, I know.

My compulsory job yesterday was pressure cleaning the deck and today's job was to get the back of the house's outside windows washed. When my compulsory jobs are done, the rest of the day is mine. I find it helps me get the sucky jobs done and it also makes sure I don't entirely fritter away my holidays. I just finished the blue rings baby quilt top.

I am pleased with how well it all came together. Initially I thought it would be so much easier to machine the curves, but I don't mind hand sewing. And it kind of slows things down. In a good way.


 




It measures about 97cm x 97cm. I have great plans to hand quilt it .... with perle thread.




I can see myself using this pattern again. Now to put all the blues and greens back on the shelf.

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt -and especially because the pattern and fabrics will suit the wee guy receiving it for a long time. Good idea with the 'compulsory job' scheme. Might try that method myself!

    ReplyDelete