Monday, January 20, 2020

Quilting the Riding Mountain Quilt

As this is a relatively small quilt at just 152 x 152 cm (60 x 60 inches), basting was pretty quick and easy. My house fix area has tiled floors which not only lap up the morning sun, but make basting easier because the masking tape sticks the quilt to the floor and I don't attach the quilt to the carpet!


I don't have a frixion pen at the moment and Warehouse Stationery don't seem to be stocking them anymore, so I went back to an old rolling chalk powder marker and masking tape.

I used all 10 chenille needles at once to create a rat's nest of threads.


So far, so good.




I am using a green dmc perle #8, colour 3345 and Sue Spargo Eleganza perle #8, colour EZ12. I was lucky to have them both in the thread box already. I am now going to start school work for the year and only sew in the afternoons/evenings rather than all day. I struggle re-starting every year. I know that once it starts, it does not stop for 11 months. Once I get going and the learners get back, I do love it. But it is relentless.

Later this morning, the 1980s orange glass at the front door is being replaced. Yay.




3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are making quick progress on the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s pretty easy quilting, and I am still on holiday so have plenty of time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you understand there is a 12 word phrase you can communicate to your crush... that will induce intense feelings of love and instinctual appeal for you deep inside his heart?

    Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, look after and protect you with his entire heart...

    12 Words That Trigger A Man's Love Instinct

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to try harder than before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    Matter of fact, triggering this influential impulse is absolutely important to having the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will soon find him open his soul and heart to you in such a way he's never experienced before and he will distinguish you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly tempted him.

    ReplyDelete