Sunday, January 19, 2020

Riding Mountain Quilt

During the making of this quilt I discovered that I am useless at following diagrams. If I make this pattern again, I would re-do the diagrams and colour code them with my fabric colours. I did plenty of unpicking!




I also need to remind myself not to use linen no matter how nice it looks in the shop. It is so shifty to cut.

My plan today is to get the top basted so I can start hand quilting it. I am thinking the usual straight-ish lines and some cross hatching. I have decided the quilting is the part of the process I like the most. Well, the most after hand sewing the binding. That is my most, most favourite part of quilt making.

While downloading these photos, I saw these ones I took on Sunday 5 January. I flew back into Auckland from Hawkes Bay around 1pm and by 2pm this was the sky. It got darker and darker, and more and more orange until it cleared early evening. I have never seen anything like it before and it came because of the massive bush fires burning in Australia.




1 comment:

  1. Do you realize there is a 12 word phrase you can communicate to your partner... that will induce deep emotions of love and instinctual appeal to you deep inside his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, worship and care for you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will make him work better than before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this mighty impulse is so essential to having the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him open his heart and mind to you in such a way he never expressed before and he'll perceive you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly tempted him.

    ReplyDelete