Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Kilim Quilt Finished

This quilt was finished a week or so ago, but it has been raining since then. Apparently. not enough rain to get the Auckland dams to their usual levels so we are still on water restrictions. I am convinced the council needs to a put a dam in my back yard as it rains all the time here! However, I took advantage of a break in the weather this morning a) to put the washing outside to dry and b) to take the finished photos of the Kilim Quilt on the neighbour's wall as per.





The main part of the backing was purchased on Trade Me. It is a textured cotton - maybe a barkcloth. The colours are just right. Most of the rest of the fabrics were left over from my Free Wheeling Single Girl quilt - which is next in the queue for quilting. Others came off the shelf. I was deliberate in using the yellow and orange binding as I didn't want orange binding on the orange backing.




And for a finishing touch, I added some orange stitching to my label. The quilt is quilted with a Sue Spargo variegated Eleganza thread. Her threads are my favourite for their texture.


Now for some inside shots -






1 comment:

  1. Your Kilim quilt is lovely! Pink and orange together are my favorite, and your hand quilting really adds to the charm. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete