Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Truly Scrumptious Quilt

Once upon a time I was quite into stitchery. I learnt to stitch in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. The year I lived in Colorado. 10 years after learning, I made the Truly Scrumptious quilt by Cinderberry Stitches. 10 more years later I have decided to quilt it to get it off the in progress list!



I am using the baptist fan quilting pattern. I am not going to quilt over the stitcheries. I may have made a mistake using DMC threads - it looks like string in the quilt and doesn't pull through the fabric very smoothly. However, it is not a big quilt, so won't take too long to finish. 

While my tastes have changed a bit, I am quite impressed by my stitchery skills from 10 years ago.

4 comments:

  1. The quilting looks beautiful! Nice to have memories attached to the quilt and the stitching is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy. Not sure I’ve got my fans lined up, but you get the idea.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! And yes, my tastes have changed too, but I can still get inspired by a quilt like this one! Once you've added all your hand quilting, it's going to be a very special heirloom type quilt, so much work & detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I have some other stitcheries I should do something with too.

      Delete