Friday, April 30, 2021

Finally! The Circle Game

I made the top of the Circle Game quilt in 2014 and it has sat unquilted since then. It is entirely hand stitched. I am totally impressed with how small my stitches are. I think I would struggle to get them that small now - my close up eye sight has worsened.

This first photo shows how un-flat(!) it is!

Inspired by IG quilter, Bec of @sew.be I decided it was time to try black thread quilting. So for the last six weeks I have been working my way through the 16 circles. 15 are pictured. Not sure which one is missing from the photos.















I am now working my way through the semi-circles around the border. All being well, another week and it should be done.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's got a bit uneven towards the end ... bit over it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I guess good things take time (-:

      Delete
  3. I love the way the quilting makes this look. Using black thread turned out to be the perfect choice. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Quilting always makes thing better (-:

      Delete