Thursday, April 29, 2021

Scraps Busted

Our first challenge of the year in our Monday Modern Quilt Group was a Scrap Busting one. Being a very relaxed group, there are no rules as such - just the expectation that we use scraps to make our quilts.

As I said in an earlier post, I don't think I have that many scraps - just one box about 20 x 20 x 20cm. However, when I was home at my Mum and Dad's I did remember two more boxes of scraps that I have taken home for when Lucy-the-niece wants to do some sewing. Ooops.

Anyway, my quilt is done. 






Most of the scraps came from the FWSQ quilt I made for my cousin. The dark grey I bought for another project and have not used it ... so while not a scrap, certainly off the shelf. I pieced the back from more pieces off the shelf. I left the selvedge on some, because I like them! And the striped fabric was left over binding from another quilt.

I think this quilt turned out better than I thought it would. I actually quite like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment