Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wool Quilt



The back
I think I started this quilt in 2008 - I remember starting it even though I was still working on my big sampler quilt and I worked on that from 2007 - 2009.

I felt like sewing yesterday, so pulled the quarters off the shelf and got them all sewed up. It only took about 3 hours ... after 4 years of sitting one quarter made. It was the most productive part of my Saturday.

It's made from two old woollen blankets I got from Mum's linen cupboard. I think the print is a Moda 3 Sisters one. I really fancied a pretty pink and green quilt at the time. I do still like it. Maybe I will use it this winter. It measures 70 x 70 inches, just over 1.7m square.

I am not sure what to use for batting given it's wool already. No hurry to decide. It might be an April school holiday decision.

1 comment:

  1. You have such great ideas Karyn! The colours are kind of retro - I like the pink and green - and it will be so warm!

    ReplyDelete