Sunday, October 21, 2012

No sewing ... but gardening

The first day of the three day Labour Weekend was fine. I tidied, planted and mowed. There is a growing (ha!) collection of aquilegia (columbine) in the garden. Beyond the first one, I have no idea where they have come from. They seem to seed themselves easily.


On Saturday I planted sweetpeas, petunias, statice, cornflowers, penstemons and a few daisy variations. I also planted pyrethrum golden moss near my dahlias. The passionvine hopper that lives in the wisteria, that holds up the fence between me and neighbour, sucks the life out of the dahlias, so I am hoping that pyrethrum has some effect on them.

Now all they needs is sunshine. It is supposed to return about Wednesday this week. In the meantime it's raining again.

No comments:

Post a Comment