Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Binding Blue and Yellow Stars

My plan for this week is to get two quilts finished.

Firstly, the blue and yellow stars quilt. I see I started it one year ago. That's ridiculous. I think the problem is I started it for someone and then started another one for that same person so it had no purpose. Anyway, it's been close to finished for months. A few hours on Monday saw the quilting finished and the binding sewn on. I didn't want to start the hand sewing of the binding until I picked up my new clips from Helen. The clips are in place, so the hand sewing can commence.


I am also making progress with the quilting on baby Lucy's In the Neighbourhood quilt. I plan to get her quilt finished this week too.

 Show & Tell Thursday's
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. The clips look like they are really useful. Your hand quilting is lovely - makes the quilt look really soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I am itching to buy some of those clips - they look really handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made binding the corners so much smoother and tidier.

      Delete
  3. Those clips look pretty handy! Im sure you cant wait to finish it off! Looking forward to seeing the two finished quilts! Thanks for linking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't wait to see your in the neighbourhood quilt!
    Might have to look into getting some of those quilts. There are definitely times that they would be a great help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always in awe of quilters, I can't wait to see your finished product

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing both quilts once finished...I love sewing the binding down, I find it relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete