Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Best Caramel Slice in the World

... comes from Little and Friday's recipe book.


The first time I made this I used Highlander's ready made caramel in the tin because that's what was in the pantry. It was alright - the caramel has a bit of a funny taste I reckon. It's not like any caramel I have ever tasted. Anyway, this time I made the caramel. Much better.

It's good to know there is room for error in this recipe too. Turns out I was using my 2/3 cup rather than the whole cup measuring cup when I was making the base. I think what makes this slice is the base. It's made with icing sugar. You could eat the base without the caramel and chocolate layer!

2 comments:

  1. I have made them and they are absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have made them and all of my friends likes it very much.

    In Villas Veritas

    ReplyDelete