It's taken about 9 months to get it to this stage. It was always going to be a long-term project. I have really enjoyed the hand sewing. I have found the prep need for the project the boring and slow part! It starts with tracing the pattern pieces onto freezer paper. Cutting them out. Ironing them onto fabric. Cutting them out. Then re-ironing onto the other side of the fabric. I reckon it's about 2/3 prep time to 1/3 sewing time.
I really like the brightness of the quilt and the patchy-ness of it.
In between trying to get a picture of the quilt, I got sidetracked and started taking pics of the blossoms.
Then the bees arrived last Thursday night. 12 days later than last year. If you kind of squint you can see the hives stacked up the other side of the truck and the tractor coming in to pick them up to put them out down in the pears. They are very thirsty bees - flocking (if bees flock) to the bird baths in Mum's garden.
I will link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced later in the week.