Saturday, August 22, 2020

Lockdown 2.0

The first I knew about our current lockdown was a late night phone call from a colleague. Emails between our leadership team then followed for the next hour as we made plans for the next day. And here we are a week and a half later with four days to go all being well.

I re-started running and that lasted the first three or four days. I really don't like it and I couldn't talk myself into keeping it up. I have replaced it with a short strength workout (using equipment I didn't return to the school gym after the last lockdown!) on days I start work at 8 or 8.30am and a round the block 7.4 km walk on the days I don't need to be online that early. I got the walk down to 64 minutes this morning - it's usually around 67 minutes. A big chunk of it is up hill so my heart rate gets up and I can feel my lower back and butt muscles by the end of the day! As always, I am grateful for good health and being able to exercise.


For the first three days we had one learner at school so I was on supervision duty with one other. Then he didn't show after the weekend, so I have been able to work completely from home over the last week. I have decided that a five hour work day at home easily equals a nine hour day at school. No interruptions!

I have made time in the afternoons and evenings (and of course the weekends) for sewing. I have caught up on my Treehouse Textiles cushions.



My big sewing goal for this lockdown is get at least five NICU quilts quilted and bound. I unpicked my Moda Modern Sampler last lockdown for this purpose. It was a huge quilt top that I didn't need. So far so good. 





Also on the go is quilting my Proverbial Quilt. I am procrastinating a bit there and doing these other smaller projects. It's not even hard work, and it's pretty quick. So no excuses. I just need to knuckle down as I need to get the quilting on my cousin's 50th birthday quilt started in the next school holidays to meet the January deadline.


The PM is making an announcement on Monday about the current lockdown. I imagine we will back at school Thursday but most kids will choose not to re-start until the following Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Just spotted your latest post! Loving your cushions, did you buy packs or just patterns? And you know, I never loved my huge Moda BB quilt, donated it in the end. Such a good idea to break it all down & improv into smaller quilts.

    ReplyDelete